Terms and Conditions
- Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
- Privacy Statement
- Official Languages
- Hyperlinking from and to an Environment Canada Internet site
Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site have been produced and/or compiled by Environment Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada (GoC).
Much of the material on this site is covered by the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and by international agreements. Such copyright serves to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for non-commercial use. Unless otherwise noted by the application of the copyright symbol (Environment Canada, Date), materials on this site may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from Environment Canada. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Environment Canada be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made in affiliation with or with the endorsement of Environment Canada.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the GoC copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada. Through the permission granting process, Public Works and Government Services Canada helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce GoC materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:Public Works and Government Services Canada Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on GoC Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a GoC institution and an external organization, as part of a collaborative agreement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply; it may be necessary to seek permission from the author or copyright holder prior to reproduction. To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:Minister of the Environment
- The GoC does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Environment Canada (EC) uses per-session cookies. The per-session cookies do not collect personal information about you. Per-session cookies are used to store information within a session (or visit to our web site). These cookies are deposited on a user's computer only while the user is visiting the site and are deleted when the user closes the session. Here is the list of information that we are collecting by using per-session cookies:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address, and the name of your service provider's server
- EC makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting EC sites
- The length of each visit
- The number of requests per visit
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.)
By keeping this data, EC's web site administrators can fine-tune the sites based on user-activity trends.
- Environment Canada is a participant in the GoC Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you the opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner.
- Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Environment Canada may be directed to Shelley Emmerson, Chief, Access to Information and Privacy by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 819-997-4552. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca.
Environment Canada respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Hyperlinking from the Environment Canada Website
Links to websites not under the control of Environment Canada are provided solely for the convenience of users. Environment Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content of those websites. Environment Canada does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada websites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which Environment Canada links, might be available only in the language(s) used by the websites in question.
- Assessment Criteria for Hyperlinking from an Environment Canada site
- Assessment Criteria for Hyperlinking to an Environment Canada Internet site
- Date modified: